Hey Fam! Which typa taco are you crushin’ tonight? We just so happen to be crushin’ both, but you do you. Just like the beloved choose-your-own-adventure books of youth, dinner tonight has the same vibe. Two roads diverged on a taco Tuesday, and we’re preeeeetty pumped about that because it means OPTIONS! Tantalizing tender tofu flavored with cumin, paprika and pineapple juice is one route, and badass barbacoa style beer-braised beefy goodness is the other. Plus all the fixins, and you peeps know we have a fixin for fixins. Sweet plantains, meet the WECO Fam. XOXO 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Beer-braised beef shoulder ~OR~ Adobo marinated tofu (depending on which you ordered!)
- Charred corn + black bean succotash
- Roasted summer squash + sweet plantains
- Pickled red onion + lime
- Corn tortillas
What you’ll need from home:
-Aluminum foil lined sheet tray
-Salt + peppa
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- This is best enjoyed at room temperature! Remove from the fridge before you start warming the rest of your tasty eats.
The Beef (if you ordered it!)
- In a saute pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add your braised beef and saute for 3-4 minutes or until warmed through. Season with s+p to taste!
The Tofu (if you ordered it!)
- Same as the beef! The tofu will probably need a little less time, probably around 2-3 minutes 🙂
The Roasted Summer Squash + Sweet Plantains
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Arrange your squash and plantains on the aluminum foil lined sheet tray and pop in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Taco time! Grab a warm tortilla and pile it high. Beef or tofu first, then succotash. Top with pickled red onion and a squeeze of lime. The summer squash + plantains can go on the side, but ya know what? No one’s gonna stop you from putting them in your tacos too. NO ONE!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO