Taco Tuesday, back again in what feels like the blink of an eye! Wanna know who else is back? Mrs. Chips! Our dear old friend, who is the absolute queen of the tortilla universe, (tortilla-verse?) bringing you corn tortillas that deserve to be filled to the brim with chorizo-ness. Stuff ’em good. Refried beans make an easily spreadable base on your tortilla, so be sure to capitalize on that. Nothing better than spreadable beans. Beans, beans, they’re good for your heart…you know the rest.
What’s in your bag:
-Saffron + tomato rice
-Pickled onion + lime
What you’ll need from home:
-Oil or butter
-Salt n’ peppa
-A little H2O
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- Heat it up in a saute pan with a teaspoon of oil over medium for about 4-5 minutes or until warmed through. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Grab a nonstick pan and add a little butter or oil.
- Scoop out the rice from the container, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. If needed at a tablespoon of water to help things steam. Once everything is fragrant and hot, you’re good.
- Toss the beans in a small pot and heat until warm. Feel free to add a small splash of water and adjust to desired consistency.
- Heat ‘em up! You can pop them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, heat them in a nonstick pan until soft, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Okay, ready to assemble your tacos? Good! Start with a tortilla and layer it with refried beans, chorizo, pickled onions, and salsa verde. Maybe even add some rice in there if you feel like it, or leave on the side. Don’t forget the lime squeeze. Take a peek at our Instagram video from the other day for some taco-inspo. Chow time! Happy Tuesday 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO