Hi tacos, are you ready for WECO Fam? Wait, crap—we messed that up. Hey WECO Fam, are you ready for tacos? Muuuuch better. Guess it works the other way too, the tacos need to be ready for you all…to devour them! Especially because this homemade chorizo is the bomb AF. It takes us a while to reduce the juices from the pork and pineapple juice, but it’s well worth the while (especially for our WECO Fam). And OMG these beans, we might have outdone ourselves here, with caramelized onions and corn for some pizzazz. These can go on your tacos, or can be downed by the spoonful. Or handful. No spoons required.
What’s in your bag:
- Corn tortillas
- Saffron + tomato rice
- Refried black beans
- Salsa verde
- Pickled onion + lime
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- Oil or butter
- Nonstick pan
- Small pot
- Salt n’ peppa
- A little H2O
- Slotted spoon
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- Heat it up in a dry saute pan over medium for about 4-5 minutes or until warmed through. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pan. When serving, scoop out that delicious chorizo with a slotted spoon so the excess oil gets left behind.
- Grab a nonstick pan and add a little butter or oil.
- Scoop out the rice from the container, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. If needed at a tablespoon of water to help things steam. Once everything is fragrant and hot, you’re good.
- Toss the beans in a small pot and heat until warm. Feel free to add a small splash of water and adjust to desired consistency.
- Heat ‘em up! You can pop them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, heat them in a nonstick pan until soft, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Okay, ready to assemble your tacos? Good! Start with a tortilla and layer it with refried beans, chorizo, pickled onions, and salsa verde. Maybe even add some rice in there if you feel like it, or leave on the side. Don’t forget the lime squeeze. Take a peek at our Instagram video from the other week for some taco-inspo. Chow time! Happy Tuesday 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO