A wise (wo)man once said tacos are best served on a Tuesday. And then everyone in the universe really bought into that alliteration and paid homage to Mexican cuisine on the second week day of every week, and will until the end of time. We at WECO like to break the mold for most things, but when it comes to taco Tuesday, there’s really no reason to reinvent the wheel and/or taco. So here we are taco’ing with you on a Tuesday and all is right in the world 🙂
What’s in your bag:
-Saffron + tomato rice
-PIckled lime + onion
-Mrs. Chips chips
What you’ll need from home:
-Oil or butter
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
- Warm the chorizo in a saute pan over medium for about 2-3 minutes.
- Grab a nonstick pan and add a little butter or oil.
- Scoop in the rice from the container, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon. Stir it around so everything snaps, crackles and pops. Once everything is fragrant and hot, you’re good.
- Warm them in a saucepan over medium heat for ~5 minutes, stirring until they come to a simmer. Done!
- Warm ‘em up! You can heat them over an open flame for 5-10 seconds per side, stick them in a nonstick pan, or put them in an oven for 1 min or so.
Okay, ready to assemble your tacos? Good! Start with a tortilla and layer it with chorizo, salsa verde and onion. Add the rice and beans and chip-eroos on the side and give the whole plate a big lime squeeze. And voila! Taco time! Happy Tuesday 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO