How many citrus components can we add to this recipe? NOT ENOUGH is the answer! We combined orange, lemon, and lime juice to create the brine, and added lemon and orange zest to the glaze. The result is a tender, ever so slightly sweet, and herby piece of pork. When you spoon the chutney on top, all the flavors from cherries, beets, rhubarb, and ginger in there will start to POP! Like, Rice Krispies POP. Snap, crackle, and POP-kinda-POP. Big, bold flavors that are as talkative as the undeniably chatty breakfast cereal. This meal has something to say, and it’s gonna blab to you all dinner long. “Eat meeeee, I’m so cute and tasty!!” says the carrots. Let us know what the tabbouleh says-they’re a bit shy sometimes, but all you gotta do is listen 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Pork tenderloin
- Rhubarb + mint chutney
- Jasmine rice + orzo pilaf
- Curry roasted carrots
- Cucumber + quinoa tabbouleh
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Cutting board
- Saute pan or microwave safe bowl
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Tenderloin and Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place the tenderloin on an aluminum foil lined sheet tray.
- Pop the tray in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Open up your oven, flip your pork tenderloin, arrange your carrots on the other side of the pork, and pop it back in the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
- After the time is up, remove the tray from the oven and move your pork tenderloin to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes or so. Carrots can stay on the tray for now.
- Slice that pork tenderloin up!
The Jasmine Rice + Orzo Pilaf
Two options here:
Option #1: (Recommended) Get a saute pan hot with a teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Pop in the pilaf and toss ‘til hot, just a few minutes.
Option #2: Put the pilaf in a microwave safe bowl. Drizzle a teaspoon or two of water over it. Heat it for 2-3 minutes.
Ok, go time. That beautiful pork tenderloin goes in the middle. Spoon some of the chutney on top, and surround the pork with the pilaf, carrots, and cold tabbouleh. Dig in!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO