Red, red winnnnneee (-braised chicken), goes to your bellllllllly, makes you forget the hanger pangs from a moment ago.
OK, sorry- couldn’t help ourselves! We’re just in love with this chicken and its hug-you-from-inside-good gravy. Not to mention the dish really captures the mellow, relaxing red wine vibes, because literally all you have to do is use your oven! Basically just enough time to pick out a bottle for dinner and pour yourself a big ol’ glass. Cheers to you, Fam 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Braised bone-in chicken thighs + drumsticks with roasted pearl onions, carrots + mushrooms
- Red wine gravy
- Roasted potatoes
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Sheet tray
Total prep time: 30 minutes
The Coq Au Vin + Roasted Taters
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Arrange your braised chicken + veggies evenly in your casserole dish, then pour the red wine gravy on top.
- Toss your dish in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While your coq au vin is in the oven, arrange your potatoes evenly on a sheet tray. Once the chicken has been in the oven for 10 minutes, toss your tray of taters in there too, and heat both for 12-15 more minutes or until warmed to your liking.
- Remove from the oven carefully. Your chicken + gravy should be warmed through and your potatoes should be nice and crisp!
To plate, scoop some chicken and gravy onto your dish and arrange a few (or a lot- you know we don’t judge!) roasty taters on the side.
Freezing your din din for later? No problem! Toss your eats in the freezer, and when you’re ready to enjoy, pop them in the fridge for 24 hours (or until fully thawed) and follow the steps above!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!