Red, red winnnnneee (-braised chicken), goes to your bellllllllly, makes you forget the hanger pangs from a moment ago.
OK, sorry- couldn’t help ourselves! We’re just in love with this chicken and its hug-you-from-inside-good gravy. Not to mention the dish really captures the mellow, relaxing red wine vibes, because literally all you have to do is use your oven! Basically just enough time to pick out a bottle for dinner and pour yourself a big ol’ glass. Cheers to you, Fam 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Bone-in chicken thighs + drumsticks braised in a red wine gravy with pearl onions, carrots + mushrooms
- Roasted taters
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Sheet tray
Total prep time: 25 minutes
The Coq Au Vin + Roasted Taters
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Arrange your coq au vin evenly in your casserole dish.
- Toss your dish in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While your coq au vin is in the oven, arrange your taters (potatoes, lol!) evenly on a sheet tray. After the chicken has been in the oven for 10 minutes, toss your taters in there too and leave both in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven carefully. Your chicken + gravy should be warmed through and your potatoes a little nice and crisp!
To plate, scoop some chicken and sauce onto your dish and arrange a few (or a lot- you know we don’t judge!) roasty taters on the side.
Freezing your din din for later? No problem! Toss your eats in the freezer, and when you’re ready to enjoy, pop them in the fridge for 24 hours (or until fully thawed) and follow the steps above!