If you’ve tried your hand at making risotto before, then you know how much of a labor of love it is. Stirring constantly to develop the starchy, creamy consistency from the rice is an art form. And wowza, does your arm get tired in the process!
Well, well, well, we are overjoyed to share that this WECO version should be quite a bit easier! We’ve prepped the rice for you so that you won’t be standing at your stove for ages tonight. Yup, that’s how you know we love you. The luscious corn & mascarpone cream and flavor poppin’ toppins (aka basil coulis and Parm crumble) should make that pretty clear too 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Arborio rice
- Vegetable stock
- Charred corn, peas & cherry tomatoes
- Corn & mascarpone cream
- Basil coulis
- Parm crumble
- Little Leaf greens with shaved radish & fennel and lemon vinaigrette
- Lemon & herb marinated crab (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan
- Mixing bowl
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
- Pour all of your rice and about half of your vegetable stock into your saute pan. Stir constantly over medium heat until the liquid starts to bubble.
- Spoon all of your corn & mascarpone cream into the pan and mix it up.
- Once everything is incorporated and getting along nicely, scoop in your veggies (and the crab, if you ordered it!) and stir, stir, stir!
- How’s everything looking? A little thick? No prob. Stir in a splash or two of vegetable stock.
- Repeat step 4, adding vegetable stock little by little (don’t wanna overdo it!) until your risotto is at the desired texture. It should be thick, but still spread a bit when you spoon it onto your plate. Season with S+P to taste!
- Throw the greens into a mixing bowl.
- Season with S+P to taste!
- Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
We think a shallow bowl works best for serving your risotto. Garnish with basil coulis and sprinkle your Parmesan crumble all over. Salad goes on the side, then turn on whatever you’re binging these days. Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!