Corned beef + cabbage? For St. Patrick’s Day? Groundbreaking. But Fam, if there’s one thing we’ve learned over the years is you don’t mess with tradition. And we know our New England peeps love St. Paddy’s Day (which is why it starts March 1 in most bars ‘round here). So we figured why not, let’s do it up OG style for shamrock day. Our lil’ WECO twist on this dish comes from the beer-poached veggies, and yes OF COURSE we used Guinness. Anything else would be a crime. Sláinte!
What’s in your bag:
- Corned beef brisket with whiskey glaze + horseradish
- Beer-poached carrots, celery root, leeks + pearl onions
- Rustic mashed potatoes with green onions + kale
- Cider braised cabbage + sauerkraut
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Aluminum foil
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Corned Beef, Veggies, Cabbage + Kraut:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place corned beef, poached vegetables, and kraut mixture in the casserole dish, all together.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil
- Pop in the oven for 18-20 minutes until everything is warmed through.
The Mashed Potatoes:
- Pop the mashed potatoes into a saucepan.
- Heat on low for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mashed potatoes are nice and warm. Add a splash of milk or water to loosen the texture to your liking!
To assemble, add a dollop of mashed potatoes onto your plate. Place the cabbage + kraut next to the potatoes, and then top with the corned beef. Spoon the poached veggies onto your plate and you’ve got dinner, Fam.