If you’ve ever made risotto from scratch before, then you might be familiar with the inevitable arm ache from SO MUCH STIRRING! And if you haven’t ever made risotto from scratch before, we’re SO glad you’ve never felt this ache! Sore arms from prepping dinner is not ideal, peeps.
Your WECO risotto tonight is a refreshing twist on the classic from-scratch dish, and let us be the first to tell you there will be NO aching arms tonight. None of that. Heck no. Each component has been carefully crafted so the end result is creamy as heck risotto, without the time and labor usually involved. Easy peasy. Hoping you love the flavor combo of crab and vibrant veggies, it’s one we just can’t get enough of 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Arborio rice
- Vegetable stock
- Crab, charred corn, peas + cherry tomatoes
- Corn + mascarpone cream
- Basil coulis
- Parmesan crumble
- Little Leaf greens + shaved Applefield Farm veggies
- Lemon vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Sauté pan
- Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
The Rice, Crab + Veggies + Sauce
- Pour all of your rice and half of your vegetable stock into your sauté pan. Heat on medium, stirring constantly, until the liquid starts to bubble.
- Spoon all of your corn + mascarpone cream into the pan with your rice mixture and stir to distribute evenly. Once everything is getting along nicely, scoop in your crab + veggies and stir it up.
- How’s everything looking? A little thick? No prob. Spoon a couple… spoonfuls of vegetable stock into the risotto and stir, stir, stir!
- Repeat step 3, adding vegetable stock little by little (don’t wanna overdo it!) until your risotto is at the desired texture. It should be thick, but still spread a bit when you plop it onto your plate. Season with s + p to taste.
- Throw the greens + veggies into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p to taste!
- Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
We think a shallow bowl works best for serving your risotto. Once your risotto is ready to go, spoon a dollop of the basil coulis on top and sprinkle on your Parmesan crumble. Serve the salad on the side, and turn on House of the Dragon (or whatever show you like!) Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO