So crab risotto is on the mind, but there’s something else on the mind as well: it just so happens to be Chef Matt’s birthday today! Please wish him a wonderful birthday as you chow on this delish birthday crab risotto 🙂 If you have a moment to speak, because we have a feeling once this is on your plate you won’t want to do anything else but eat spoonful after spoonful…. The best part of this risotto is it’s everything you love about risotto but without the tired arms and never-ending stirring. We also added basil coulis for a flavor poppin’ toppin’, and Parmesan crumble for crunch. It’s all about the texture, peeps. What could be better?!
What’s in your bag:
- Arborio rice
- Vegetable stock
- Crab, charred corn, peas + cherry tomatoes
- Corn + mascarpone cream
- Basil coulis
- Parmesan crumble
- Little Leaf greens + shaved Applefield Farm veggies
- Lemon vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Small saucepan
- Sauté pan
- Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
The Rice, Crab + Veggies + Sauce
- Pour all of your rice and half of your vegetable stock into your sauté pan. Heat on medium, stirring constantly, until the liquid starts to bubble.
- Spoon all of your corn + mascarpone cream into the pan with your rice mixture and stir to distribute evenly. Once everything is getting along nicely, scoop in your crab + veggies and stir it up.
- How’s everything looking? A little thick? No prob. Spoon a couple… spoonfuls of vegetable stock into the risotto and stir, stir, stir!
- Repeat step 3, adding vegetable stock little by little (don’t wanna overdo it!) until your risotto is at the desired texture. It should be thick, but still spread a bit when you plop it onto your plate. Season with s + p to taste.
- Throw the greens + veggies into a mixing bowl.
- Season with s + p to taste!
- Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss toss toss!
We think a shallow bowl works best for serving your risotto. Once your risotto is ready to go, spoon a dollop of the basil coulis on top and sprinkle on your Parmesan crumble. Serve the salad on the side, and turn on Stranger Things (or whatever show you like!) Enjoy 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO