Ooooooh, we’ve been waiting for this one! A special Friday treat felt like a necessity this week, Fam. Cuban sandos? Yeah, that sounds exactly like the ready-for-the-weekend-pick-me-up we needed. Traditionally, these tasty sandwiches are often pressed “a la plancha” (on a griddle) to push all of the fab flavors together. If you have a panini press, that might be a great final touch— and if not, just press down on your sando with a spatula to replicate the effect! Let those flavors meld together before the first bite 🙂 Alright Fam, time to assemble your sando!
What’s in your bag:
- Ciabatta (from Fireking Baking Company in Braintree, MA!)
- Roast pork and bacon
- Caramelized onion mustard
- Shredded cheese
- WECO dill pickles
- Red cabbage slaw
- Honey mustard dressing
- Steak fries
What you’ll need from home:
- 2 sheet trays lined with aluminum foil
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
The Pork + Bacon + Fries
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Drizzle a sheet tray with olive oil and lay the pork and bacon on one side. Fries go on the other.
- Heat in the oven for 8–10 minutes or until everything’s crispy, then remove.
- Slice your ciabatta in half and toast in the toaster or toaster oven until golden.
- Mix your slaw and your honey mustard dressing up in a bowl.
- Season with S&P.
- Spread your caramelized onion mustard on each half of the roll.
- Layer one side with the pork + bacon and then the pickles. Add a sprinkling of cheese to the other side.
- Place your sando open face on that other sheet tray. Put it in your 375F oven for just a couple minutes so the cheese is all meltyyyy.
Remove from the oven, close it up, plate with some fries and slaw, and devour it all!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO