Sandwiches for dinner! We like the sound of that. Why conform to the dining rules of meals past—we can eat what we want, when we want! We can have our cake (sandwich) and eat it too! The great thing about this sandwich is the layers. It’s not simple by any means. Pork AND bacon? Well that’s what makes a Cuban sando. Could you believe that mustard could be elevated with caramelized onions? Duh. Our OWN house pickles? But of course. A slaw for crunchy contrast? Yessiree. If it gets all over your face after the first bite? Winning.
What’s in your bag:
- Roast pork and bacon
- Caramelized onion mustard
- Swiss cheese
- WECO dill pickles
- Red cabbage slaw
- Honey mustard dressing
- Steak fries
What you’ll need from home:
- 2 sheet trays lined with aluminum foil
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Pork + Bacon + Fries
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Drizzle a sheet tray with olive oil and lay the pork and bacon on one side. Fries go on the other.
- Heat in the oven for 8–10 minutes, then remove.
- Toast in the toaster or toaster oven until golden.
- Mix your slaw and your honey mustard dressing up in a bowl.
- Season with S&P.
- Cut your toasted ciabatta in half lengthwise.
- Spread your mustard on the inside of each half of the roll.
- Layer one side with pickles then pork + bacon. Add a slice of cheese (or 2) to the other side.
- Place your sando open face on that other sheet tray. Put it in your oven and leave it in there for just a couple minutes so the cheese is all melty.
Remove from the oven, close it up, plate with some fries, and slaw, and devour it all!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO