The secret to this soup is simplicity— you’d never guess it has less than ten ingredients! Drool-worthy, dreamy, and dairy-free. Can you believe it? While this soup has its simpler qualities, the final process is a little less than simple. We used TWO blenders, an immersion blender and a regular blender to ensure proper creamy consistency. Double blending doubles the deliciousness, of course. For the shrimp, we like ours stirred in at the end of the heating process, but it’s really up to you. Shrimp in the soup, shrimp on the side… either works! You call the shots!
What’s in your bag:
- Your soup (curried coconut butternut soup)
What you’ll need from home:
- A pot
- Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 10 minutes
How to Prep:
Note: Add your shrimp to the soup at the end of the heating process with about 2-3 minutes left. They won’t need too much time, you don’t want to overcook those beauties 🙂
- Pour the soup into your pot.
- Heat on medium until warmed to your liking, stirring occasionally to distribute the heat evenly. This should take around 8-10 minutes.
- Taste test (carefully, it’s hot!) a spoonful of your soup. Warm enough? Perfect—season with a little salt and pepper if you’d like, stir, and remove the soup from heat.
- If it needs more time, keep heating and stirring for a few more minutes!
- Ladle your soup into a bowl. Feelin’ fancy? Maybe lightly drizzle a little olive oil on top and finish with a
crack of pepper.
Freezing your soups for later? No problem! Freeze in their containers and when you’re ready to enjoy, pop them in the fridge for 24 hours (or until fully thawed) and follow the steps above 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO