It’s Deano’s night! Deano’s is one of the oldest fresh pasta makers in the entire country. They’re located in Somerville and are some of our favorite people to work with. All their goodies are natural, non-GMO, and made locally. If you ever have the opportunity to do a blind taste test of store bought vs. fresh pasta, do it. It’ll be pretty darn easy to tell which is which! And then steal the fresh pasta from whichever friend is testing you. You won’t want to share! Enjoy that fresh, winning taste tonight 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Pork sausage ragu
- Pecorino Romano
- Broccoli rabe
What you’ll need from home:
- A large pot
- A medium saucepan
- Optional: butter
Total prep time: 15 minutes
The Spaghetti + Ragu
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook the pasta in the salted water for about 4-5 minutes until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, warm the ragu in a saucepan over medium heat. It’s cooked already, so all you need to do is simmer! If you want a little bit of richness, add a pad of butter in.
- When the pasta is done to your liking (be sure to test it!), reserve some pasta water, then strain it.
- Using tongs, place the pasta into the medium saucepan with the warm ragu and stir to coat. Add some reserved pasta water if you want to thin it out a touch.
The Broccoli Rabe
- Pop the lid off and bake at 350F for about 5 min, until good and warm.
- Just toast it up in the toaster oven!
Place the pasta smack dab in the middle of your plate with some broccoli on the side and some focaccia, too. Sprinkle the pecorino Romano on the pasta and enjoy!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO