Saving the best for last this week! (Shhh! We don’t like to play favorites!) Duck confit is an absolute class act, WECO Fam. It’s one of our favorite dishes to create for you. “Confit” indicates that the duck was cooked in its own fat, making the meat very tender and delicious. It is the epitome of pure decadence. Please let yourself fall victim to the indulgence of tonight’s dinner. We kept the other components on the lighter side to compliment the duck—check it out: tart cranberry sauce, wild rice with spinach, sundried tomato, and preserved lemon….and a fresh chicory salad to tie it all together. It’s duck night, baby!
What’s in your bag:
- Lemon + peppercorn cured duck legs
- Wild rice
- Chicory salad
- Honey lemon vinaigrette
- Tart cranberry sauce
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray lined with aluminum foil
OR a cast iron pan/non-stick pan
- Salt n peppa
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 10 minutes
- Place on an aluminium foil lined sheet tray skin side up and bake at 400F for 10-12 minutes, then broil for another 1-2 to crisp skin.
Option #2 (preferred, takes a bit longer):
- Pull out your 10” cast iron skillet or non-stick pan, and add 2-3 TBSP olive oil or butter. Heat on medium.
- When your pan is warm, lay duck legs skin side down.
- Fry and render out the skin until it is perfectly golden brown and crispy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Once the skin is ready, flip the duck legs over to warm the flesh side for another 3-4 minutes. The meat should start to pull away from the bone when done!
- Place in a microwave-safe bowl, drizzle a teaspoon or so of water over the rice, and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- If you heated your duck in a pan, pour the rice in that leftover pan. Heat in the duck fat for around 5 min.
- Throw that salad in a mixing bowl.
- Add the honey lemon vinaigrette, season with s+p and mix mix mix!
If you’re feeling fancy, plate your rice in a pile on the middle of a plate, with a helping of salad to its side. Nestle your confit duck within that rice pile. The cranberry sauce drizzled on or next to the duck. Attack!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO