Back with another fam favorite! Duck confit can sometimes sound unapproachable—it can sound super fancy, and even scary. We’re here to tell you that dinner tonight is far from that, and we’ll help you with every step along the way! The hard part is done for you: the two day curing process infusing the duck with lemon and herbs, and the multi-hour confit escapade. Now for the reheat process of your choice! We will admit that for the duck we are partial to option #2, on the stovetop, but the oven works too. After this duck is warm and toasty, the meat will literally melt in your mouth. The calabrian chilis that season the broccolini add a zesty flare, and the farro has just the right amount of mushroomy goodness. Don’t forget the cherry compote on the duck, it’s like the cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving…essential!
What’s in your bag:
- Lemon + peppercorn cured duck leg
- Farro with tahini brown butter
- Cherry compote
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray lined with aluminum foil
- Cast iron pan/non-stick pan (for duck option #2)
- Saute pan
Total prep time: 10 minutes
- Place on an aluminum foil lined sheet tray skin side up and bake at 400F for 10-12 minutes, then broil for another 1-2 to crisp skin.
Option #2 (preferred, takes a bit longer):
- Pull out your 10” cast iron skillet or non-stick pan, and add 2-3 TBSP olive oil or butter. Heat on medium.
- When your pan is warm, lay your duck leg skin side down.
- Fry and render out the skin until it is perfectly golden brown and crispy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Once the skin is ready, flip the duck leg over to warm the flesh side for another 3-4 minutes. The meat should start to pull away from the bone when done!
- Place your broccolini on an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray and bake at 400F for 5-7 minutes. If you’re going the sheet tray route for the duck, the broccolini can be placed on the same sheet tray when there’s 5-7 minutes left on the duck.
- Get a saute pan hot with a teaspoon of oil (or butter!) over medium heat. Toss in the farro and stir ‘til warm, just a few minutes.
Place the scrumptious trio of duck, broccolini, and farro on your plate, dollop the cherry compote onto your duck, and ATTACK! Quack.
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO