Oh hi there, fellow hungry WECO-ers! It’s a given we’re all hungry, right? Like, absolutely stahhhhvin’. Famished. And what a great night to be feelin’ that way— because it’s time to enjoy our timeless and ever-so-beloved eggplant parm. That side of tomato sugo was added to this dish so that there’s plenty of sauce to get lost in. And to dip your focaccia in. That too. Turn on your Dean Martin, probably your oven too, and prepare yourselves for layered, cheesy, eggplant heaven.
What’s in your bag:
-Baby gem lettuce
-Buttermilk ranch dressing
-Roasted garlic focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
-Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
The Eggplant Parm
- Set your oven to 375F.
- Grab your knife and cut your eggplant parm in half. Crazy, we know! This is Chef Matt’s method to ensure your eggplant parm is heated all the way through 🙂
- Place your halves of eggplant parm in the casserole dish and pour your tomato sugo all over. Pop it in the oven!
- Set a timer for 20 minutes while you prep the rest of dinner. Once your timer dings, take a peek and see how your parm is doin’! Looks ooey and gooey and good to go? Sweet! Need more time? Toss it back in for another 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Grab your baby gem lettuce and chop it to your desired size on your cutting board.
- Toss your greens in a bowl with the parm crumble, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle the dressing all over.
- Mix it up and shake it up!
- Taste for seasoning, add salt and peppa if you need, and plate.
- This one is easy peasy. With 7ish minutes left on your eggplant parm, pop the focaccia on a sheet tray to get all nice and toasty. The toaster works too!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.