Oh hi there, fellow hungry WECO-ers! It’s a given we’re all hungry, right? Like, absolutely stahhhhvin’. Famished. And what a great night to be feeling that way— because it’s time to enjoy our timeless and ever-so-beloved eggplant parm. That extra side of tomato sugo was added to help ensure there’s plenty of sauce to get lost in. And to dip your focaccia in. That too. Turn on your Dean Martin, probably your oven too, and prepare yourselves for layered, cheesy, saucy, eggplant heaven.
What’s in your bag:
-Baby gem lettuce, buttermilk ranch dressing & Parm crumble
-Roasted garlic focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
Total prep time: 25-30 minutes
The Eggplant Parm
- Set your oven to 375F.
- Grab your chef’s knife and cut your eggplant parms in half. Crazy, we know! This is Chef Matt’s method to ensure your parm is heated all the way through 🙂
- Lay your halves of eggplant parm in the casserole dish and pour your tomato sugo all over. Pop it in the oven!
- Set a timer for 25 minutes while you prep the rest of dinner. Once your timer dings, take a peek and see how your parm is doing’! Looking ooey-gooey and good to go? Sweet! Need more time? Toss it back in for another 5-10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Grab your lettuce and chop it to your desired size on your cutting board. Give it a quick rinse under some cold water, then blot dry with a paper towel.
- Toss your greens in a bowl with the Parm crumble and drizzle the dressing all over.
- Mix, mix, mix.
- Taste for seasoning, add a lil’ S&P if you want!
- This one is easy peasy. With 7-ish minutes left on your eggplant parm, pop the focaccia on a sheet tray to get it all nice and warm. The toaster works too!
Plate up your parm and salad, and nestle in a piece of focaccia. You’re going to need it to swipe up that sugo 🙂
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!