So, last time we had this egg-ceptional eggplant parm on the menu, our spirited leader of the Marketing Team, Melanie, said something along the lines of, “thank you Chef Matt for making my eggplant parm dreams come true!” Melanie clearly dreams of eggplant parm, which is so totally normal…right? Cause we dream of it too…garlicky, herbed breadcrumbs coat the slices of eggplant, stacked on top of eachother with tomato basil sugo and mozzarella for DAYS. Oh, and this mozz? We couldn’t choose just one type, so we went with sliced fresh mozz AND shredded mozz. The more mozz the better. The theme of tasty AF combos continues with your baby gem lettuce salad, which comes with a parm crumble and *homemade* buttermilk ranch. This side salad comes with another super side, the *homemade* focaccia. Did someone say, a dream come true?
What’s in your bag:
-Baby gem lettuce w/ shaved fennel & Parm crumble
-Buttermilk ranch dressing
What you’ll need from home:
-Olive oil or butter
-Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 25 minutes
The Eggplant Parm
- Set your oven to 350F. Once preheated, place your eggplant parm in the casserole dish, cover with tin foil, and pop it in the oven.
- Set a timer for 20 minutes while you prep the rest of dinner. Once your timer dings, remove the tin foil and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Toss your greens in a bowl with the parm crumble, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle the dressing all over.
- Mix it up, shake it up, taste for seasoning, and plate!
- This one is easy peasy. With 7ish minutes left on your Eggplant Parm, pop the focaccia on a sheet tray to get all nice and toasty.
- Rip it, slice it, do whatever you want with it. Just make sure to leave extra for sopping up all the extra tomato sauce (that is, if you haven’t licked the container clean).
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO