So, we’ll try not to beat a dead horse here, but did you know eggplants are technically berries? So that means, eggplant parm is kind of a berry casserole of sorts. Yeah that’s right, you’re getting in some fruit with dinner tonight! Eggplant parm is a definite comfort food for us here at WECO, a vegetarian (fruitarian?) staple that is always filling and satisfying. We like that it’s easy to reheat, too. Nestle your eggplant parm into a casserole dish and that’s it! Not too many extra pots and pans, which is great cause we’re a wash-your-own-dishes kinda family, if you know what we mean…XD
Less dishes, less cleaning up later, so the only heavy lifting you’re doing is with your fork. Capeesh?
P.S. May the 4th be with you!
What’s in your bag:
-Baby gem lettuce w/ shaved fennel
-Buttermilk ranch dressing
What you’ll need from home:
-Olive oil or butter
-Salt and pepper
Total prep time: 25 minutes
The Eggplant Parm
- Set your oven to 350F. Once preheated, place your eggplant parm in the casserole dish, cover with tin foil, and pop it in the oven.
- Set a timer for 20 minutes while you prep the rest of dinner. Once your timer dings, remove the tin foil and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Toss your greens in a bowl with the parm crumble, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle the dressing all over.
- Mix it up, shake it up, taste for seasoning, and plate!
- This one is easy peasy. With 7ish minutes left on your eggplant parm, pop the focaccia on a sheet tray to get all nice and toasty. The toaster works too!
- Rip it, slice it, do whatever you want with it. Just make sure to leave extra for sopping up all the extra tomato sauce (that is, if you haven’t licked the container clean).
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO