Dearest eggplant parm enthusiasts, we knew you wanted more eggplant parm in your lives. And quite frankly, WE wanted more eggplant parm in our lives. So, yeah, we decided not to rest on our laurels… scratch that– our basil leaves, and did something about it. Tonight for din din we present: The one, the only, the Eggplant Parm Sando.
It’s the same components you know and love–golden eggplant cutlets, sweet tomato sugo, fresh basil, melty mozz and salty grated Parm–but instead sandwiched between slices of soft, chewy ciabatta. So there you have it, we hope you find this reinvented variation egg(plant)-ceptional.
What’s in your bag:
- Eggplant cutlets, tomato sugo, sliced fresh mozzarella, grated Parmesan, and basil
- Baby gem lettuce, Parm crumble, and buttermilk ranch
What you’ll need from home:
- Foil-lined sheet tray
- Cutting board + bread knife
Total prep time: 20-25 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Drizzle a lil’ olive oil onto one half of your sheet tray and place your eggplant cutlets on there (make sure they’re not overlapping, this will help these babies get niiiiice and crisp!).
- Heat for 12-15 minutes until hot and a little crispy.
- While that’s happening, cut your mozz slices in half. This will make topping easier in the next step 🙂
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven, and top each cutlet with some sauce, a little basil, mozz and a sprinkling of Parm.
- Slice your ciabatta in half and pop the pieces onto your tray, slice-side up, next to the eggplant.
- Heat for another 5-7 minutes, until that cheese is melty and the roll slices are slightly toasted.
The Salad + Buttermilk Ranch
- Grab your baby gem lettuce and chop it up!
- Toss your greens in a bowl with the Parm crumble and drizzle that dressing all over.
- Mix, mix, mix.
- Taste for seasoning, and add a lil’ S+P if you want!
Alrighty, are ya ready to assemble?? Of course you are. Bottom slice of bread goes down on the plate. Lay your saucy, cheesy cutlets on top of that. Finish by smooshing down your top slice of ciabatta. (Pro tip: Cut your sando in half for easier eatin’.) Pile a little salad on the side, and there you have it– buon appetito!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!