For those of you seasoned WECO-ers, you might be familiar with our eggplant and grain bowl. This bomb-diggity bowl is similar to it’s farro + barley based cousin, but made with wild rice for our gluten free fraaaands! Wild rice has a pretty incredible history, it was first harvested by indigenous peoples in the Great Lakes region. Funny enough, it’s actually not rice but an aquatic grass! So, maybe this should be an eggplant and grass bowl… ugh, that really doesn’t have the same ring to it, does it?! Your eggplant and wild rice/grass today is accompanied by tomatoes marinated in garlic and parsley, and a sumac vinaigrette for drizzlin’ all over. If you got the braised beef too, flip the page for those instructions!
Total prep time: 2 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your bowl!
- Braised beef (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Nothing! Eat this one right outta the bowl.
How to prep:
- Remove the ramekin of sumac vinaigrette.
- Pop the bowl in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the sumac vinaigrette all over.
- Dig in!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO
The Braised Beef (if you ordered it!):
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add beef and saute for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and add to your microwaved bowl!