On top of greek salad, all covered in feta cheese, I lost my poor falafel, when somebody sneezed. JK! No lost falafel tonight folks. Grab those lil’ orbs of chickpea goodness and don’t let go- they can go in the microwave, but let’s be real here, for best crispy results, the oven is the way to go. Or for you air fryer fanatics, this is your time to shine. Toss ‘em in there, get ’em nice and hot, and definitely do the same for the pita- though we think a skillet is best for the pita (pliability science, of course!) The warmth takes them to the next level. Level up, like step on a red mushroom like Mario and drive down Rainbow Road really fast, level up.
Total prep time: 7 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Bowl of greens, falafel, & fixins
- Pita bread
- Greek dressing
What you’ll need from home:
- Salt and pepper
- A mixing bowl
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray
- A skillet for the pita
- These lil buddies can be eaten warm or at room temperature (we suggest giving your microwave a break for this one). For best results, remove from your bowl and toast in a 400F oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the container of dressing and ramekin of feta from the bowl, and get ready for some flippage.
- In one swift motion, invert your greens & fixins into the mixing bowl. Ta da!
- Smother in your vinaigrette until properly coated. Season to taste and toss!
- This one’s up to you! Eat it cold, or warm it up to get it nice and toasty. We like doing this in a dry skillet over low heat to keep some pliability in the pita for scoopin’.
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO