Fat Moon, Fat Moon, how we love you! Fat Moon Mushrooms grows their certified organic, delectable fungi in the Merrimack Valley of Massachusetts, and we could not be more excited to give our stuffed bell peppers a vegetarian spin with their tasty shroomies. We combined ‘em with chickpeas, shallots, and parmesan, filled up those bell peppers, and topped with breadcrumbs. And the quinoa? A lil’ lemon zest and kale make it a simple base for the peppers to rest in. They (the peppers) might be pretty sleepy by dinner time, it’s been a long day, so awaken them from their quinoa-bed slumber and let them know it’s chow time. Drizzle with saffron honey, and get to eatin’ those peppers!
Total prep time: 7 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Stuffed pepper
- Quinoa and kale
- Saffron honey
What you’ll need from home:
- Salt and pepper
- A microwave safe bowl
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray (optional)
- A saute pan (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
Oven or microwave, you pick!
- If you’d rather the oven, which we would recommend, place the pepper on an aluminum foil line sheet tray and toss it in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. You might need 5 minutes more, just give it a peek and assess. If they look all steamy and hot, they’re good to go!
- If you’re going the microwave route, remove the lid to the bowl and pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes or so.
Saute pan or microwave, you pick!
- For the saute pan, drizzle a little olive oil on there and heat the quinoa on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, moving it around to prevent sticking.
- For microwave, place your quinoa in a bowl and zap for 1-2 minutes.
Assembly time! Spoon the quinoa onto your plate and place your peppers on top. Drizzle the honey over the pepper, snap a pic, and dig in!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO