We’ve said it before, we’ll say it always: life’s uncertain, eat dessert first. That’s why when Chef Matt mentioned fig and mascarpone ravs, of course we could get on board. Now we all know this dish is no dessert… but the cheese? And the sweet figginess? C’mon. Something this sinfully delish must be dessert! We’re a sucker for a nice ragu, and this one pairs perfectly with your figgy Deano’s ravs. We started the ragu with a little mirepoix (fancy kitchen term for carrots, celery, and onion) and used loads of tomatoes, herbs and stock to braise the beef in. Now for you to warm it up! The gremolata is a necessary topping in our humble opinion, it adds a little crunch to each bite. Let us know what you think? Chow time!
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s fig and mascarpone ravioli
- Braised beef + cherry tomato ragu
- Rosemary gremolata
- Roasted broccoli + fried garlic
- Balsamic + tomato focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- Big pot
- Mixing bowl
- Salt + pepper
- Aluminum foil lined sheet tray
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Boil a pot of salted water.
- Once boiling, drop in the ravioli. Cook ‘em for about 4 minutes. They’ll float when they’re ready, but don’t hesitate to test them to make sure they’re done right.
- Reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta.
- Pour the ragu into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until warmed through —about 5-7 minutes.
- Use a few splashes of the reserved pasta water from the ravioli to thin out the ragu if you’d like—your call! Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set your oven to high broil. Arrange the broccoli evenly on your aluminum 8 oil-lined sheet tray and broil for 1-2 minutes just until warmed to your liking.
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet tray or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Alright now, time to eat! Plate your ravioli in a shallow bowl, and spoon over your ragu. Top with a sprinkling of your rosemary gremolata. The broccoli and focaccia? Those can hang out on a side plate. Enjoy, Fam 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner served, dinner solved. #weareWECO