What happens when cinnamon, fennel seed, star anise, cloves, and (usually) Szechuan peppercorns come together in beautiful, tasty harmony? You get the internationally renowned, platinum album-selling pop group FIVE SPICE. They’re savory. They’re spicy. They’re a little bit earthy. And most importantly, they taste fantastic rubbed all over meat; in particular brisket. So we’ll tell ya what you want, what you really really want. You wanna-ah, you wanna-ah, you wanna-ah, you wanna-ah, you wanna really really really wanna zig-a-zig EAT THIS BRISKET.
What’s in your bag:
- Brisket w/ Braising Liquid
- Green beans
- Crispy ginger rice
- Cucumber + mint salad
- Green onion + chive pancakes
What you’ll need from home:
- Oven safe casserole dish with high edges
- Aluminum foil
- Microwave safe bowl
- Saute pan
- Aluminum foil-lined pan
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place the brisket in an oven safe casserole dish. Pour the braising liquid over the brisket. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Pop your pan in the oven. Set a timer for 12-14 minutes.
- When it dings, double check the brisket, it should be heated through! Remove from the oven carefully, leaving the braising liquid behind.
The Chive + Onion Pancakes
- Pop them on your foil lined pan and toss them in the oven with the brisket for the last 3-4 minutes.
The Green Beans
- Toss in a saute pan with a light drizzle of olive oil
- Saute until heated through, around 3-5 minutes.
The Crispy Ginger Rice
Two options here:
- Over high heat, set a saute pan with 1 tbsp of oil. Add the rice and toss it as it crackles and pops. Add a splash of water. Toss once more till nice and hot.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl, add a teaspoon of water, and heat for 2 minutes.
Cucumber + Mint Salad
- Nothing! Cold is definitely the way to go.
Place each item on your plate, and don’t worry if they touch! We know that can be scary sometimes, but all the flavors work together to create something beautiful 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO