And what on Earth are the five spices of a five spice blend? Good question! Chinese cinnamon, fennel seed, star anise, cloves, and Sichuan peppercorns. The blend adds a licorice-y, warm, sweet, and peppery flavoring to the brisket, matched by the green beans, which are seasoned with Sichuan peppercorns too. The rice we kept sorta simple, sesame oil + garlic (of course) + scallions + Thai basil for some green. Can you believe those cukes? They pack quite a punch for veggie that’s mostly water, thanks to the Korean chilis and yuzu. The scallion pancakes we know you’ll love, and if you can’t finish them all tonight, could make a great breakfast with some scrambled eggs…
What’s in your bag:
- Green beans
- Crispy ginger rice
- Cucumber + mint salad
- Green onion + chive pancakes
What you’ll need from home:
- Oven safe casserole dish with high edges
- Aluminum foil
- Microwave safe bowl
- Saute pan
- Aluminum foil-lined pan
Total prep time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place the brisket in an oven safe casserole dish. Pour any included juices over the brisket. Cover with foil.
- Pop your pan in the oven. Set a timer for 15-20 minutes.
- When it dings, check on your brisket, it should be heated through! Remove from the oven carefully.
The Green Beans
- Toss in a saute pan with a light drizzle of olive oil
- Saute until heated through, around 3-5 minutes.
The Crispy Ginger Rice
Two options here:
- Over high heat, set a saute pan with 1 tbsp of oil. Add the rice and toss it as it crackles and pops. Add a splash of water. Toss once more till nice and hot.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl, add a teaspoon of water, and heat for 2 minutes.
Cucumber + Mint Salad
Nothing! Cold is definitely the way to go.
The Chive + Onion Pancakes
- Pop them on a foil lined pan and toss them in the oven with the brisket for the last 3-4 minutes.
- Place each item on your plate, and don’t worry if they touch! We know that can be scary sometimes, but all the flavors work together to create something beautiful 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO