Roasted mushrooms AND pickled mushrooms? Don’t make us blush! We’ve met a lotta mushrooms in this world, and we’ve gotta sayyyy, we’ve never met a mushroom we didn’t like. The varieties used include oyster and shiitake, two of our absolute favorite kinds! Obviously, with the base of barley and mushrooms we needed a pop of color, and asparagus fit the bill perfectly. Vibrant green, roasted up until tender, and accompanied by honey roasted carrots (drool!) Speaking of vibrant green, how about that pesto! You ever seen one so pretty (and nut free!?) That’s for drizzlin’ all over your bowl, so you can have a proper pesto party. Or, a proper pesto party in your PJ’s. That’s more like it XD
Total prep time: 3 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your bowl!
- Braised beef (if you requested it)
What you’ll need from home:
- Saute pan (if you requested the beef!)
How to prep:
- Remove the ramekin of pesto.
- Put the whole bowl right in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until warm.
- Dollop the pesto all over, grab a fork and enjoy!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO
With Braised Beef
(If you requested it)
- Break out your saute pan and drizzle a very small amount of olive oil on there. Heat on medium and toss your beef on there. Let it heat up for 3-5 minutes.
- Give it a stir around every so often to prevent sticking
- That’s all you need to do! Toss it in your bowl and enjoy the magic of this slow-braised-with-love beef 🙂