We know it’s called a dip, but honestly, we think it’s going to be too difficult to remain that dainty and polite around this sando. We’re pretty sure the moment you sandwich your thinly sliced, herb-marinated roast beef, sweet caramelized onions, and provolone cheese between that toasty ciabatta roll, you’re going to go straight for the slam DUNK into your savory au jus. And then before you even finish your first glorious bite, send a couple of those salt & vin fries to the au jus dunk tank too 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Thinly-sliced herb-marinated roast beef & caramelized onions, & au jus
- Red cabbage slaw
- Salt & vinegar steak fries
- Ciabatta roll, provolone cheese, & honey mustard dressing
What you’ll need from home:
- Foil-lined sheet tray
- Small saucepan
- Fork or tongs
- Small bowl or ramekin
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Steak Fries, Roll & Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Arrange your fries in a single layer on one half of your foil-lined sheet tray pop in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Next, carefully remove the tray from the oven and add the roll slices (cut side up!) to the other half of your sheet tray, laying the provolone on the top slice of bread.
- Pop it all back into the oven for a few minutes, allowing the cheese to get melty and the bread toasty.
The Roast Beef, Onions & Jus
- Add your roast beef, caramelized onions & jus mixture to a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low, stirring frequently, until everything is hot and steamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Toss the slaw into your bowl, pour that dressing all over, and mixy-mixy it up. Taste, then add S+P if you want!
Assembly time! Use a fork or tongs to pull the roast beef & onions out of the jus and place them on the bottom half of your toasted roll. Sandwich together with the top half. (Pro tip: Cut your sandwich in half for *slightly* more graceful eating.) Pour the remaining jus from your saucepan into a small bowl or ramekin. Plate your sando up with the steak fries, slaw, and jus, and chow down! Don’t forget to dip your sando into some of that jus before every bite 😉
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!