And what, you ask, makes this dish so special? It’s the little things. The tiny hole through your pasta that collects sauce, the added ramekin of basil pesto, the cherry tomatoes and garlic tossed in leftover bacon fat…what…you thought we’d let any of that liquid bacon gold go to waste? Heck no. We charred the cherry tomatoes at high heat to blister them, but roasted the garlic low and slow for a couple of hours to create a paste, and then folded it all into the sugo. Liquid bacon gold for the win. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill tomato sauce, it’s got a little spunk and sass. It might talk back to you when you say it’s bedtime, and definitely doesn’t like to share—who can blame the sauce? Neither do we 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Fresh bucatini
- San Marzano tomato sugo with bacon
- Basil + arugula pesto
- Rosemary focaccia
- Baby lettuces + shaved radishes
- Creamy peppercorn vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Black pepper
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Bucatini + Sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, drop in the fresh bucatini noodles and give them a stir. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Test the pasta and make sure it’s the way you like it. When it’s at that point, reserve about ¼ cup pasta water and strain.
- Add the sugo to the pan over medium/low heat, stirring to warm.
- Return the pasta to the pot and stir.
- Season with black pepper.
- Add a splash or two of the reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce to your desired consistency – keep stirring and get it nice and hot!
- Put the salad in a mixing bowl.
- Season with S+P.
- Drizzle in the peppercorn vinaigrette and toss toss toss!
- This one’s easy! Throw it in a toaster or the oven for however long it takes to get to your desired crispiness.
Grab some tongs and a bundle of the bucatini and nestle it into your bowl. As you lower, spin the bowl or rotate the tongs to form a little bucatini nest. Release the tongs! Scoop some extra sauce on top and dollop some pesto to follow. Salad and focaccia on the side, and boom! A Monday feast.
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO