Does anyone remember the great bucatini shortage of 2020? What a time to be alive. We saw boxes online going for like 300% what they normally cost. We had no idea that people needed so much bucatini in their lives. Actually, we had no idea that dried bucatini was even a thing. Seriously. For us, it’s fresh bucatini or no bucatini. And that’s kinda the way that we like it. We’ve got the fresh bucatini, all right. Coming in hot (metaphorically speaking) from Deano’s pasta in Somerville. They made a whole mess of bucatini for you all, so that you can get down and dirty on some sweet, spicy, and bacon-y pasta tonight. From the sugo to the salad, there’s flavor in abundance – and we can’t wait for you to try it. Get a pot of water on and get ready to pasta.
What’s in your bag:
- Sugo with bacon
- Salad with shaved radishes
- Creamy peppercorn vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Black pepper
Total prep time: 10 minutes
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, drop in the fresh bucatini noodles and give them a stir so they float freely. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Test the pasta and make sure it’s the way you like it. When it’s at that point, reserve some pasta water and strain.
- Add the sauce to the pan over medium/low heat, stirring to warm.
- Return the pasta to the pot and stir.
- Season with black pepper.
- Add a splash or two of the reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce to your desired consistency – keep stirring and get it nice and hot!
- Put the salad in a mixing bowl.
- Season with S+P.
- Drizzle in the peppercorn vinaigrette and toss toss toss!
This one’s easy! Throw it in a toaster or the oven for however long it takes to get to your desired crispiness yumminess.
Grab some tongs and a bundle of the bucatini and lower them into your bowl. As you lower, spin the bowl or rotate the tongs to form a nice little bucatini nest. Release the tongs! Scoop some extra sauce on the top and apply a large dollop of the pesto right on top. Salad and focaccia on the side, and boom! A Monday feast. Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO