Local, fresh, pasta on hump-day? Yes, please! We figured this might be the cure to those Wednesday scaries. The long, full week after the Holiday always hits hard, and we know that a classic meal like ragu, focaccia, and salad can scare those scaries right away! Think Olive Garden, but with a huge upgrade…and no breadsticks. But we’ve got something better—focaccia! 😉
What’s in your bag:
- Sausage ragu
- Pecorino breadcrumbs
- Sherry vinaigrette
- Roasted garlic focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- Big pot
- Mixing bowl
- Salt + pepper
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Boil a pot of salted water.
- Once boiling, drop in the cavatelli. Cook ‘em for about 4 minutes. Test them to make sure they’re done just right.
- Reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Strain the pasta.
The Sausage Ragu
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until warmed—about 4-5 minutes.
- Use a few splashes of the reserved pasta water from the cavatelli to thin out the sauce if you’d like—your call!
- Throw the lettuce into a mixing bowl. Season with s + p.
- Drizzle the sherry vinaigrette
- Toss toss toss!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven or toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Grab a shallow bowl and add the cavatelli. Ladle the ragu all over. Sprinkle the pecorino breadcrumbs on top, too. Focaccia right on the side of your bowl. Put the salad in a side dish and enjoy your Wednesday feast!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO