Time to gnocchi bolo. Yes, it is a verb. You can gnocchi bolo solo, you can gnocchi bolo with a friend, you can gnocchi bolo with the flow, and you can even gnocchi bolo while you drop it low-low. Tonight your gnocchi bolo features Deano’s fresh gnocchi and a bomb-diggity grass-fed beef bolognese made by yours truly (us, your loving friends at WECO). Homemade focaccia and black pepper whipped ricotta take it absolutely over-the-top, cus it’s not just gnocchi bolo, it’s WECO gnocchi bolo. Chow time 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s potato gnocchi
- Grass-fed beef bolognese
- Black pepper whipped ricotta
- Cherry tomato + rosemary focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Large saucepan
- Sheet tray
- Salt + pepper
Total prep time: 20 minutes
The Gnocchi Bolognese
- Get a big pot of water on the stove, and season well with salt (salty water is good water!) Bring to a boil.
- While the water heats, grab the saucepan and add a pat of butter. Pop it over medium heat ‘til the butter bubbles.
- Carefully pour the bolognese into the pan and heat until lightly simmering. When simmering, turn off heat.
- Back to the boiling water! Drop in the gnocchi and give them a stir to separate. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they float—test them for doneness—but should be no more!
- Reserve a cup of the gnocchi water and strain.
- Toss the gnocchi into the pan with the bolognese. Add a couple splashes of the reserved gnocchi water.
- Cook over low heat for a few minutes until the sauce clings to the gnocchi. Season with S+P as needed!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet tray or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Okay, now for making it look pretty! Spoon your gnocchi bolo into a shallow bowl. Spoon a little extra bolognese sauce all over, and dollop some black pepper whipped ricotta on top. Grab your focaccia and start chowin’!
Freezing your gnocchi bolo for later? No problem! Toss your eats in the freezer, and when you’re ready to enjoy, pop them in the fridge for 24 hours (or until fully thawed) and follow the steps above!
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO