Picture this: you’re running home from work. Literally, sprinting. The day has been long—so long. You’re feeling exhausted, famished, confused, and slightly sweaty. Not to worry, WECO is waiting for you! Soft, plump, pillows of potato-y goodness are about to be chillin’ in a tasty, beefy bolognese sauce, all in about 15 minutes. It’s a safe-haven in a bowl, with focaccia for dippin’ and salad for snackin’ on while the water boils. Yes, that’s right, you don’t actually have to wait for dinner to eat your salad. Ravenously hungry while the gnocchi take a bath? Appetizer salad! Completely forget about it because you’re focused on the gnochs? Dessert salad! 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Deano’s potato gnocchi
- Grass-fed beef bolognese (with beef from Walden Local Meat Co.!)
- Lemon rosemary gremolata
- Little Leaf lettuce + radishes
- Red wine vinaigrette
- Caramelized onion focaccia
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Large pan
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet pan (optional)
- Salt + pepper
Total prep time: 12 minutes
The Gnocchi Bolognese
- Get a big pot of water on the stove, and season well with salt (salty water is good water). Bring it to a boil.
- While the water heats, grab a saucepan and add a pat of butter. Pop it over medium heat ‘til the butter bubbles.
- Carefully pour the bolognese into the pan and heat until lightly simmering. When simmering, turn off heat.
- Back to the boiling water! Drop in the gnocchi and give them a stir to separate. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they float—test them for doneness—but should be no more!
- Reserve a cup of the gnocchi water and strain those lil cuties.
- Toss the gnocchi into the pan with the bolognese. Add a couple splashes of the reserved pasta water—it helps bind the bolognese perfectly to the gnocchi 🙂
- Cook over low heat for a couple minutes until the sauce clings to the gnocchi, and season with salt and pepper as needed!
- Throw the lettuce + radishes into a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the red wine vinaigrette all over and toss it up!
- Easiest of them all! Pop it in the oven on a sheet pan or in the toaster until it gets as crispy as you want it.
Scoop the gnocchi bolognese into an even layer in a shallow bowl. Top with your gremolata. Put the salad in a side dish, grab your sauce scoop (AKA focaccia), and you’re in business! Bada-bing, bada-boom!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO