This sauce though! Creamy, lemony, buttery and caper-y, studded with curly kale, caramelized onions and herbalicious chicken medallions. But there’s more! A sweet pepper and olive relish – the perfect topping for the pasta. So good. Leftover sauce? No prob. That’s what the focaccia is for – scooping it up! It’s basically a utensil, and an edible one at that. And remember our one and only rule – no crumb left behind on the focaccia. Can we get a yum yum? Let’s go.
What’s in your bag:
- Potato gnocchi
- Piccata sauce
- Sweet pepper + olive relish
- Housemade focaccia
- Mixed greens salad
- Sherry vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Large pan
- Salt + pepper
- Fresh cracked black pepper
Total prep time: 12 minutes
The Gnocchi Piccata
- Get a big pot of hot water on the stove, and season well with salt (salty water is good water). Bring it to a boil.
- While the water heats, grab a big pan and add a pat of butter. Put it over high heat til the butter bubbles.
- Slowly scoop the piccata sauce into the pan. Let it warm.
- Back to the boiling water! Drop in the gnocchi and give them a stir to separate. Cook for two minutes – no more!
- Reserve a cup of pasta water and strain the gnocchi.
- Toss the gnocchi into the pan with the piccata sauce. Add a couple splashes of the reserved pasta water – it will help make your sauce epic!
- Cook the pasta water down until the sauce clings to the gnocchi, chicken and veggies.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Add the mixed greens into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with sherry vinaigrette and season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss, toss, toss!
- Toast it up in the oven or toaster oven.
Scoop the gnocchi piccata into an even layer in a shallow bowl, and add a few dollops of the relish on top. Put the salad in a side dish, grab some focaccia, and you’re in business!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO