Do you believe in magic? Because we think we’ve found it. There’s magic in your WECO bags tonight, everyone, and it’s in the form of a garlic parmesan cream sauce and Theo’s famous garlic bread. Plus, garlic = no vampires. That’s good too. Oh, and the gnocchi are soft little pillows of plump potato-ey perfection, so when you combine with the sauce, you kinda-sorta-might-just shed a tear for how beautiful it is 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Potato gnocchi
- Parmesan cream sauce + peas
- Chef Theo’s garlic bread
- Zucchini, tomato + arugula salad
- Lemon tarragon dressing
What you’ll need from home:
- Large pot
- Large pan
- Salt + pepper
- Fresh cracked black pepper
Total prep time: 12 minutes
The Gnocchi Piccata
- Get a big pot of hot water on the stove, and season well with salt (salty water is good water). Bring it to a boil.
- While the water heats, grab a big pan and add a pat of butter. Put it over medium heat til the butter bubbles.
- Slowly spoon the cream sauce into the pan. Let it warm.
- Back to the boiling water! Drop in the gnocchi and give them a stir to separate. Cook for two minutes – test them for doneness – but should be no more!
- Reserve a cup of pasta water and strain the gnocchi.
- Toss the gnocchi into the pan with the cream sauce. Add a couple splashes of the reserved pasta water—it helps bind the sauce perfectly to the pasta 🙂
- Cook it just a bit until the sauce clings to the gnocchi.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper as needed.
- Add the veggies into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon-tarragon dressing and season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss, toss, toss!
The Garlic Bread
- Toast it up in the oven or toaster oven.
Scoop the gnocchi piccata into an even layer in a shallow bowl. Put the salad in a side dish, grab your sauce scoop (AKA garlic bread), and you’re in business! Bada-bing, bada-boom!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO