You might just feel like Zues after chowing down on this bowl, fortified with all the powers of veggie goodness. Reheating tonight requires a bit more prep than the micro (if you’re so inclined) but we swear to you it’s worth it. The homemade chickpea-licious falafel balls warrant a little toasty action to get the outside all crispy and crunchy. If you’ve got an air-fryer, that works too! The salad itself has the essentials, tomato, peppers, red onion, and of course, olives! The best part, the pita perfection, warrants a little toasty action as well, and you can get creative with how to utilize it- stuff your salad and falafel in there to create a sandwich, and add some hummus if you’ve got some lying around. The pita power is in your hands 🙂
Total prep time: 7 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Bowl of greens, falafel, & fixins
- Pita bread
- Red wine vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Salt and pepper
- A mixing bowl
- Aluminium foil lined sheet tray
- A skillet for the pita
- These lil buddies can be eaten warm or at room temperature (we suggest giving your microwave a break for this one). For best results, remove from your bowl and toast in a 400F oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the container of dressing and ramekin of feta from the bowl, and get ready for some flippage.
- In one swift motion, invert your greens & fixins into the mixing bowl. Ta da!
- Smother in your vinaigrette until properly coated. Season to taste and toss!
- This one’s up to you! Eat it cold, or warm it up to get it nice and toasty. We like doing this in a dry skillet over low heat to keep some pliability in the pita for scoopin’.
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO