By a show of hands, who here tonight has tried red snapper before? If not, WELCOME to the club! If yes, WELCOME BACK to the club! The red-snapper-lover-club, that is. This mild yet slightly sweet fish is perfect for dressing up like we’ve done tonight. By blooming spices like fennel seed, coriander + aleppo plus lemon zest, cilantro, parsley + scallions in olive oil we created the perfect marinade. After that we grilled it up and sent it your way! You’ll taste all these flavors after you toss it in the oven to warm it up this eve. The tamarind sauce is the perfect compliment, we recommend topping your fish with it… or even adding it to everything!
What’s in your bag:
- Grilled red snapper marinated in chilies + coriander
- Coconut basmati rice
- Charred green beans + sesame
- Tamarind sauce
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Saute pan, 1 tsp oil
- Microwave safe bowl
Total prep time: 10-12 minutes
The Red Snapper
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Put the snapper, skin side down, on the aluminum foil-lined sheet tray.
- Slide the tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the snapper is warmed to your liking. Remove carefully from the oven.
The Green Beans
- Pop in a saute pan with 1 tsp oil over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, and wait till steamy and sizzly, around 5 minutes.
- Put the rice in a microwave safe bowl. Drizzle a teaspoon or two of water over it. Heat it for 2-3 minutes.
Your filet of snapper can go on the center of your plate, surrounded by your coconut basmati rice and green beans. Tamarind sauce can go on the fish, or anything and everything 🙂
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO