The feeling of fall is in the air and alllllll throughout this bountiful bowl, Fam! And–no offense, summer–but we are here. for. it.
In creating this dish, Chef Kelcy (of Wright-Locke Farm in Winchester, MA) drew inspiration from ingredients coming into season at the farm (Brussels sprouts and butternut squash) as well as one of her all-time favorite spice blends, berbere. The Ethiopian spice mix (think chili peppers, paprika, coriander, cinnamon & fenugreek) adds a lovely balance of spice and aromatic sweetness to your tender chicken thigh and roasted squash. Happy feasting!
Total prep time: 13-16 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- The quinoa salad with your berbere chicken thigh, honey-roasted carrots, & berbere butternut squash
- Citrus vinaigrette; Pickled red onion; Goat cheese
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
How to prep:
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Arrange the chicken (skin-side up!) on the lined sheet tray, then pop it in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the ramekins of goat cheese, pickled red onion and citrus vinaigrette. Cover your roasted carrots, butternut squash and quinoa salad with a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute (we recommend enjoying this warm, but not piping hot).
- Pour some of the vinaigrette over your warmed quinoa salad and toss, toss, toss! Reserve the rest of the vinaigrette for final garnishing.
- When your chicken is almost ready, turn on your broiler for 1-2 minutes to get the skin nice and crispy! Every broiler is different, so keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get too crispy 😉
Time to plate it all up! Spoon your quinoa salad, squash and carrots onto your serving dish and garnish with your pickled onions and goat cheese. Pop your chicken thigh on there too and drizzle any remaining dressing allllll over!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!