Thanks to Walden Local Meat Co. for this incredible, locally sourced halibut tonight, we couldn’t be more excited! For all you fish fanatics, this one’s for you. There’s no half-a$$ing in our kitchen, so we obviously had to pair this fab fish with a dreamy white bean stew and beautiful brassicas, (fancy name for cabbage!) with *drool* fried garlic for all you garlic guys ‘n gals. If you’re not a garlic guy or gal, hop on the train, because it’s a party train and you won’t wanna miss it. More cloves, more fun, right?
What’s in your bag:
- White bean stew
- Brassicas with fried garlic
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray lined with aluminum foil
- Medium saute pan
- Olive/canola oil
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 12 minutes
- On a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil, drizzle a little oil and arrange the halibut on top, skin-side up.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes. We want to reheat the fish quick and hot to avoid drying it out.
The White Bean Stew
- In a saute pan on medium heat, add some oil (1-2 tbsp).
- Once warm, pour in the stew.
- Stir and heat throughout, about 5-6 minutes. Def scrape the pan and add 1 T of water if needed!
- Place your stew in a microwave safe bowl
- Heat for 1-2 minutes until warm
- In a saute pan, heat oil on medium.
- Once the oil is warm, heat the brassicas for around 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Plating time! Maybe a shallow bowl for this one? A plate works as well. Spoon that stew in the center, halibut goes on top. Brassicas on the side, fork in hand, get to chowing!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO