Hallooooooo halloumi time! We’ve been WAITING for this one. Halloumi is a cheese originating from Cyprus, and it’s a pretty crazy kinda cheese at that. Its melting point is higher than other cheeses, so it’s perfect for grilling or frying. For tonight we seared it up and are serving it over a bed of Little Leaf lettuce, roasted carrots, spiced golden raisins and a lime-y apple and radish slaw. Savory smoked almond sprinkles are the topping for you to play with, plus our trusty tahini vinaigrette. Hope you love this helluva halloumi salad!
Total prep time: 2 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- A big bowl of yumminess
- Tahini vinaigrette
- Smoked almonds
- Shredded smoked chicken (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Salt + pepper
- Cutting board + knife
How to prep:
- Take the cover off of your bowl and remove the ramekins of almonds and vinaigrette.
- Invert your bowl to reveal the goodies underneath!
- Remove the halloumi cheese as well, and chop it up on your cutting board into smaller pieces to your liking.
- Sprinkle on your almonds, add your cheese back in, and dress your salad up with your tahini vinaigrette.
- Toss, toss, toss, and season to taste with salt and pepper!
- Chow time.
The Chicken (if you ordered it!):
- In a saute pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add your chicken and saute for 5-7 minutes or until warmed through. Season with s+p to taste!
Top your salad with your tasty shredded chicken 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO