Hallooooooo halloumi time! Halloumi is a cheese originating from Cyprus, and it’s a pretty crazy kinda cheese at that. Its melting point is higher than other cheeses, so it’s perfect for grilling or frying. Tonight, we’ve seared it up and are serving it over a bed of Little Leaf lettuce, roasted carrots, spiced golden raisins and a lime-y apple and radish slaw. Savory smoked almonds are there for sprinkling, and our trusty tahini vinaigrette is on hand for all your drizzling needs. Hope you love this helluva halloumi salad!
Total prep time: 3-5 minutes (8-10 if you ordered salmon)
What’s in your bag:
- Your halloumi salad!
- Smoked almonds
- Tahini vinaigrette
- Herb roasted salmon (if you ordered it!)
What you’ll need from home:
- Serving bowl
- Saute pan (optional)
- Cutting board + knife
- Foil-lined sheet tray (if you ordered the salmon!)
How to prep:
- Take the cover off of your container and remove the ramekins of almonds and vinaigrette.
- Invert the container into your serving bowl to reveal the goodies underneath!
- Remove the halloumi cheese as well.
To enjoy the halloumi warm (recommended): Warm a saute pan over medium-low heat, and sear your halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side. Let it cool for a minute before cutting up and tossing into your bowl!
To enjoy the halloumi cold: Chop your halloumi up into smaller pieces and add to your bowl!
- Sprinkle on your almonds and dress your salad with the tahini vinaigrette. Pro tip: Dressing looking a little thick? No worries, that’s normal! Just thin with a little water until it reaches your desired consistency 🙂
- Toss, toss, toss, and season to taste with S+P!
- Chow time.
The Salmon (if you ordered it!):
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the salmon on your foil-lined sheet tray.
- Slide the tray in the oven for 8-10 minutes, ‘til the salmon is warmed through. Remove carefully. Serve with your salad and enjoy!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!