Good evening, Fam! We hope you’re as char-ged up for dinner tonight as we are 😉 Usually when we talk about char in the kitchen, it’s in reference to our love for burning the heck out of veggies and alliums. (What? It adds such a depth of flavor to recipes!) But tonight, the starring char is Arctic Char.
We love this fish because it’s like a Goldilocks between rich salmon and lean trout. And, the farming practices for char are renowned for being sustainable and having a low environmental impact. Not to mention that its milder taste makes it easy to partner with a variety of flavors on the plate… Like the hearty French lentils, garlicky-lemony green beans and mustard creme fraiche you’ve got here!
Total prep time: 15-17
What’s in your bag:
- Your tasty eats!
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
How to prep:
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Remove the char filet and mustard creme fraiche, and set aside.
- Scoop your lentils and green beans into your casserole dish, arranging side by side.
- Pop the dish in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven, then add your char!
- Heat for 10 to 12 more minutes, or until warmed to your liking.
- Optional: If you wanna get the panko crust extra crispy, set your oven to broil for the last minute. Every broiler is different, so just be sure to keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t get TOO crispy 😉
Plate up your char, lentils and green beans. Don’t forget about the mustard creme fraiche that’s been waiting patiently on the side! Lightly pour it over the top, or use as a dipping sauce. Your pick, all roads lead to yum!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!