Halibut is definitely a funny looking fish. It’s a flatfish (like flounder) and has both eyes on the upper half of its body. Like, what? So goofy! That being said, it is a DELICIOUS fish, with a mildly sweet and buttery flavor. Atlantic Halibut also happens to be the largest species of flatfish in the world. The largest ones that have ever been caught have weighed over 500 pounds! Fish facts aside, we’ve paired the halibut (marinated in spices and fresh herbs) with toasted pearled couscous, marinated eggplant and peppers, and a special treat, hummus! The hummus can be added to bites of the eggplant and couscous, or just eaten with a spoon if you’re us 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Toasted pearled couscous
- Marinated eggplant + baby peppers
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray lined with aluminum foil
- Medium saute pan
- Olive/canola oil
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 12 minutes
- On a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil, drizzle a little oil and arrange the halibut on top, skin-side up.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. We want to reheat the fish quick and hot to avoid drying it out.
The Couscous: Two Options!
- In a saute pan on high heat, add some oil (1-2 tbsp).
- Once hot, pop in the couscous.
- Stir and heat throughout to get some good crispies – about 3-4 minutes. Def scrape the pan if needed!
- Place your couscous in a microwave safe bowl
- Heat for 1-2 minutes until warm
The Eggplant + Baby Peppers
- In a saute pan, heat oil on medium.
- Once the oil is warm, heat the eggplant and peppers for around 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Alright, time to make an insta-worthy assembly of this killer meal. Take your hummus and place a spoonful on the edge of your plate. Take the back of your spoon and press down on the hummus and smear it in an arc-shape that mimics the curve of the edge of the plate. Spoon your couscous and eggplant blend onto your plate around the smear. Halibut goes in the center. You can gather a bit of hummus with each bite 🙂
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO