Fun fact time, Fam! Did you know that hanger steak is also referred to as “butcher’s steak”? That’s because this tender, flavorful (often undervalued) cut has long been a fave amongst savvy industry pros who liked to keep it for themselves. Gotta love a perk of the job, amiright? And while we guess we could have hung on to this recipe for ourselves, you know well by now that the real perk of our job is getting to share this tastiness with all of you!
Total prep time: 20 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your steak, carrots + brown rice
- Harissa aioli
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Sharp knife + cutting board
How to prep:
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Grab your casserole dish and add your carrots and brown rice. Pop it in the oven for 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven, then add your steak too!
- Cook for 10 more minutes or until warmed to your liking. Let it rest for a minute before moving on!
- Grab your cutting board and sharp knife, and cut your steak into half-inch thick slices.
- Grab your aioli (lightly drizzle it on or use as a dipping sauce) and enjoy!