Fun fact time, Fam! Did you know that hanger steak is also referred to as “butcher’s steak”? That’s because this tender, flavorful (often undervalued) cut has long been a fave amongst savvy industry pros who liked to keep it for themselves. Gotta love a perk of the job, amiright? And while we guess we could have hung on to this recipe for ourselves, you know well by now that the real perk of our job is getting to share this tastiness with all of you!
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
What’s in your bag:
- Your steak, carrots & brown rice
- Harissa aioli
What you’ll need from home:
- Casserole dish
- Sharp knife & cutting board
How to prep:
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Arrange your steak, carrots and rice side by side in your casserole dish. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of water over your rice, and pop your dish in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Let your steak rest briefly before slicing.
- Grab your cutting board and sharp knife, and cut your steak into half-inch thick slices, cutting against the grain.
- Arrange your steak, rice, & carrots on a plate to serve. Grab your aioli–lightly drizzle it on or use as a dipping sauce–and enjoy!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!