So last time Sophie (who you might know from our wonderful Customer Joy team) enjoyed this incredible dish, she made a very big mistake. A catastrophic mistake, one might consider it, and all we want is to prevent you from making this mistake yourself. DO NOT. We repeat, DO NOT forget the pistachios. Sophie was halfway done with her salmon last time when she realized she had forgotten to add the magical savory sprinkles. They add the perfect salty crunch. It’s like forgetting the spoon to your ice cream—like, heck, you’re still gonna enjoy it of course, even if you scoop it with your hands, but wouldn’t life be better with a spoon (pistachio topping??) Hope that made sense. Enjoy your salmon, peeps. And pistachios 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Crusted salmon
- Rice pilaf
- Rainbow carrots
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Saute pan, 1 tbsp oil (optional)
- Microwave safe bowl (optional)
Total prep time: 10 minutes
The Salmon + Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Put the salmon crust up on one side of an aluminum foil-lined sheet tray. Put the rainbow carrots on the other side.
- Pop the whole tray in the oven for 7-9 minutes, ‘til the salmon is warmed through and the carrots are nice and roasty toasty.
Two options here:
Option #1: (Recommended) Get a saute pan hot with a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Pop in the pilaf and toss ‘til hot, just a few minutes.
Option #2: Put the rice in a microwave safe bowl. Heat it for 3 minutes.
Plating time! Put the salmon on a plate and the pilaf and carrots on the side. Sprinkle the pistachios all over so you get a nice surprising bite every time you scoop up one of the other components. It’s just a kind of yummy, pistachio sneak attack type of night.
And that’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO