There are labors of love, and then there’s our hot coal chicken. There’s a whole lotta love in this dinner tonight, peeps. Let’s hit the rewind button: we marinated the chicken in a harissa blend for 12 whole stinkin’ hours! Next we roasted it, and once that was finished we began the coal charred fun. After making sure the coals were reeaaaaaaally hot (like, really hot) we placed the chicken on a metal rack and placed it over the coals. This is where your chicken got its beautiful roasty toasty coloring. Turn on your oven, turn on your stove, it’s hot coal chicken time 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Harissa marinated and coal charred airline chicken breast
- Avocado aioli
- Bamboo sticky rice
- Shaved cucumber + blistered shishito salad
- Crushed peanuts
- Hibiscus vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Sheet tray with aluminum foil
- Microwave safe bowl
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Set your oven to 400F.
- Place your chicken, skin side up, on an aluminum foil lined sheet tray.
- Pop it in for 8-10 minutes or until warmed to your liking.
The Bamboo Sticky Rice
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
The Shaved Cucumber Salad + Hibiscus Vinaigrette and Crushed Peanuts
- Toss the salad, the crushed peanuts, and the vinaigrette in a bowl. Mix it up!
Your chicken should take center stage on your plate, and you can surround it with the other sides. The avocado aioli can go on the chicken… or really, anything!
That’s it! Dinner solved, dinner served. #weareWECO