There are labors of love, and then there’s our hot coal chicken. There’s a whole lotta love in this dinner tonight, peeps. Let’s hit the rewind button: We marinated the chicken in a harissa blend for 12 whole stinkin’ hours! Next we roasted it, and once that was finished we began the coal-charred fun. After making sure the coals were reaaaally hot (like, really hot) we placed the chicken on a metal rack and placed it over the coals. This is where your chicken got its beautiful roasty toasty coloring. Comin’ in hot: It’s hot coal chicken time 🙂
What’s in your bag:
- Harissa marinated + coal charred statler chicken breast
- Avocado aioli
- Bamboo sticky rice
- Shaved cucumber + pickled veggie salad
- Crushed peanuts
- Citrus vinaigrette
What you’ll need from home:
- Aluminum foil-lined sheet tray
- Microwave-safe bowl
Total prep time: 15 minutes
- Set your oven to 400F.
- Place your chicken, skin side up, on your foil-lined sheet tray.
- Pop it in for 8-10 minutes or until warmed to your liking.
The Bamboo Sticky Rice
- We’re going microwave! Scoop the rice into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
The Shaved Cucumber Salad with Crushed Peanuts + Citrus Vinaigrette
- Toss the salad, crushed peanuts, and the vinaigrette in a bowl. Mix, mix, mix it up!
Your chicken should take center stage on your plate, and you can surround it with the other sides. The avocado aioli can go on the chicken… or really, anything!
That’s it! #Dinnersolved, dinner served.
Show us how you WECO!